Tuesday, July 15, 2014

6. Can we transcend Mind and go beyond it????



Every Master irrespective of whichever philosophy tells us to transcend the mind to comprehend the Truth. The word transcend does not mean to drop the mind and go beyond it. Is it possible to drop the mind?

Suppose I drop my mind which I can never do in this life span would it not stop my existence? Even to drop my mind I need my mind isn't it?

Though I do succeed in going beyond the mind by dropping my mind I would need my mind to know about it and amazingly the moment I drop my mind I become non existent. Is there a way to know that the realm of mind is crossed, if so who is the one who comprehends it? Even to comprehend one has to have the mind. Then were the Masters and Guru telling us something which was impractical? All these talks seem to be confusing isn't it??

No, there is no confusion at all. The Gurus and Masters who want us to go beyond the mind were pointing to the Conscious Mind. Conscious Mind is from where we think. It is the thinking mind and most of us conclude that we have only the thinking mind. But we have another mind which does not think it is just a storehouse of all the memory its capacity of virtually unlimited. It is the Subconscious Mind       

The Conscious Mind is contained in the Subconscious Mind like how the tree is contained in a small seed. While the Subconscious Mind is the un-manifested tree in the seed the Conscious Mind is the manifested tree outside the seed.

The involuntary action like breathing, heart beat and blood circulation is because of this Subconscious Mind which follows the direction of the Conscious Mind without fail. For instance, if I want to lift my leg I just think and a desire to do is created and my leg gets lifted. I do not need to think of how and which muscles precisely is needed so that my leg gets lifted.

Now the moment I question myself who lifted my leg I would say without batting my eye “I lifted my leg” here my Conscious Mind is takes the credit and becomes the doer while in reality it is not the doer it is just the one which desired for the leg to be lifted. Since I identify with the Conscious Mind I assume that I am doing everything. This thought that “I am doing everything” is the foundation for the EGO. The thoughts get manifested to action on the behest of my Conscious Mind with the authority of my Subconscious Mind. My Conscious Mind does the entire tantrum while the Subconscious Mind is neutral in nature as it is non-judgmental.  

The Conscious Mind can be made to be serene by becoming indifferent to the flow of thoughts. In fact the spiritual practices are aimed at reaching this stage. It is not correct to say that in this state there are no thoughts at all, but in this state there is a control on unwanted thoughts.

Now what are unwanted thoughts?
Any thought which has a constructive prospects and goes on to become actions which benefit the individual in particular and others in general are superior thoughts. In contrast those thoughts which have destructive prospects and goes on to become a burden to others though it benefits the individual are unwanted thoughts. Just as weeds grow uncontrolled and deprive the crop of its energy from the soil, the unwanted thoughts cloud the Conscious mind.     

When uncontrolled unwanted thoughts stops what remains is the Subconscious Mind. In this mind one finds Bliss because of its neutral nature. The ego dissolves because the Conscious Mind is not dominant; the identification of the Self migrates from the Conscious Mind (Ego state) to the Subconscious Mind and identifies itself with it. The Subconscious is nothing but the field of unlimited possibilities.


So can I ever go beyond the mind? In reality it is a very big NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment