Saturday, July 5, 2014

2. Why am I so keen on knowing about mind psychology?????

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/why-am-i-so-keen-on-knowing-about-mind-psychology&sort=new


In most of my blogs I have made reference to Mind, I was wondering what made me go so deep on knowing the Mind and analyzing it to this extent. I wish to share my personal experience which made me behave in this manner.

It was back in 2007 when I started to know more about Human Mind and the way it behaves. The reason for this to happen is that one day my business partner was to take the 11 P.M flight to 
Singapore on a business trip. He called me at around 7 P.M in the evening and told that his father was experiencing variation in Blood Pressure and he had taken him to clinic and now he was stable, but he wanted me to drop in at his place in morning as usual. It was a routine to go to his place daily and if my partners’ father was free I would take him to the factory and he would stay with me for half a day.

It was about 6.30 A.M in the next morning I received a call from one of my friend that my partners’ father passed away about half an hour ago. The distance from my place to my partners’ house is about 6 Kilometers, I took out my vehicle and all I remember is starting the vehicle, next I was at the hospital. I was not aware of the vehicles or traffic signals or the people who were on road at that time. Even now I cannot imagine how I reached the place. I was awake but my mind had gone blank.

After about six months from that incident my father was diagnosed of intestinal complications, the surgeon suggested that a surgery could help him recover. And we agreed and my father was operated and he was in the ICU for more than 10 days after operation and the situation was not getting better. I and my elder sister used to spend the whole day in front of the ICU hopping that something magic could happen and we were not allowed to stay at night time in front of ICU. But one day the doctor told us my father may lose the battle of survival that night. We begged the doctor to let us stay there that night, but the doctor refuted us for being so pessimistic, and asked us to go home. I was home at 11 P.M and slept. It was around 2.30 A.M my wife woke me up to tell there was a call from the hospital and my father had left us 15 minutes ago. Now at around 10.30 P.M I was begging the doctor to allow me to stay in the hospital and at 2.30 A.M my wife had to wake me up. Where was my mind between this period?  Was it switched off?

If I look at both the incidents in the first instance even though I was awake and my eyes and other sense organs working I could not register anything because of the mind being clouded with the thought of my partners’ father demise. In the next instance how could I forget completely about my father fight for survival in ICU once I slip to sleep. With these two events in my life I wanted to know more about Mind and its components and behavior. I realized that it important to study the Mind and know its behavior in wake, dream and deep sleep states.


From this day i will try to post what my mind has understood about itself and i would want all the thinkers who read the post to respond so that my mind can know itself better....... 

1 comment:

  1. I have read about your partner's father death in a blog on ST..but I am sorry about your father passing away too..
    about mind I would say it is a medium to register consciousness...
    consciousness is a universal phenomenon by its own accord...
    in order to survive consciousnesses is not enough we need to decide plan analyse get moving..which the mind does for us ..with the help of cognitive abilities of the brain...
    when you drove to the hospital ...your mind was cut off..meaning ..you were barely conscious ...that's what you needed to be..there was no need to make important routine decisions and plans by mind.. it was given a backseat... consciousness was enough...for the moment..it was registering itself sub consciously...thats what happens when we sleep...
    when your father died ...your mind was forced into submission ..the doctors have already given hope...the mind could not help ...so its take a back seat and you barely need to survive..in the sleep... consciousness survived on its own...
    just want to add aother incident ..the phone rang at five am ... i was awakened and blurted out that father has passed away without thinkig or even picking the phone... (subconscious has made its existence felt) ..my brother who picked the phone asked me how I knew...my father had been terminally ill for days..
    the evolutionary process has made us believe that its mind which needs to be sharpened ..something like the survival of the fittest...but we forget that we need to be conscious first ...meaning the network ..the connection has to be there ..so that the mind starts functioning...
    how deep can the mind make us register the consciousness...or is it the consciousness which will throw the mind out off its pace...as it happened in your case when you drove to the hospital ?
    mind as it is bombarded with thoughts every seconds ..and needs to think plan analyse and act...its so busy... it fails to do what exactly it has been designed to do... register consciousness...it fails to make the connection...but just let us live n survive ....
    I think your blog has made me understand the mind better...:))
    I think consciousness has infinite possibility of being registered... but our mind ignores almost all of them...
    I would like to hear more ..from you and others too who comment...

    ReplyDelete