Wednesday, November 26, 2014

26. Message I got from my Grandfathers Groundnut Field ……….

http://www.speakingtree.in/public/spiritual-blogs/seekers/self-improvement/message-i-got-from-my-grandfathers-groundnut-field



I was ten years and studying in fifth standard when I had been to my native place, Gauribidanur 76 kms from Bangalore in my summer vacation. My grandfather had an acre of wet land and he used to grow groundnuts in it. The land was close to Uttara Pinakini River which had its source in Nandi hills. Every summer holidays we (me and my Akka/Diddi) would love to go to the place, though now there is no river and the sand mining mafia is illegally supplying the demands of the concrete jungle in Bangalore.


On one such occasion my grandfather took me to the farm land where he had the groundnut plants, they were small about two months old. I observed that my grandfather was plucking the plants; I was surprise and asked him why he was doing so. He said, “I am just taking off the weeds (kale) that are grown not the groundnut plant.” That was the first time I came to know about weeds. He further explained, “These weeds absorb all the nutrition from the soil required for the groundnut plant. It is necessary to pull them out every now and then.”  I asked him, “Thata, in the first place why did you sow the seed of that weed?”  He laughed and said, “No farmer would sow those seeds.”  I was surprised “Then how would these weeds grow?” I asked. “They sprout from the soil and grow all by themselves, but if we do not weed them out they out grow the groundnut plants and will reduce the yield” he said.           



If I introspect the words of my grandfather now, if I am the Kshetra (Field) and Kshetragna (owner of the field) is the Absolute. He would always want superior thoughts, words, and deeds to sprout in the field as my grandfather wanted only groundnut plants to grow. Inferior thoughts, words, and deeds are like weeds that grow by themselves from prakriti (Maya), no matter how much I try to control them, they always germinate. It is important to regularly weed them out every time they grow. Those inferior thoughts devour the vigor that my Consciousness emits for the nourishment of superior thoughts. If I do not constantly examine them they may prosper one day and subdue my superior thinking. Dealing with inferior thoughts as soon as it is obvious is the key because with very few it is manageable. If would be difficult to handle them if it completely takes over as my grandfather told weeds would consume the groundnut plant. Once the weeds (inferior thoughts) have taken over my groundnut field (superior thoughts) it is going to be a back-breaking and painful process to uproot when they are more. Not that it cannot be done, but it requires lots and lots of effort and pain. It is wiser to pluck the first sign of a weed.


With very few or no inferior thoughts, I can align my Individual Consciousness with the Absolute Consciousness and ask for the organic manure called the “Dhi Shakti” (creative power) and with the use of my intellect I can use it to cultivate superior thoughts, words and deeds that come about through me ………..  Isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment